A lot has been said about influence of diet on weight management. However, it is important to create awareness about the Ďrightí way of consuming food. Starving for weeks and living on liquid diets cannot make you healthy and slim. In fact, a starved body deprived of nutrients from dietary sources starts taking in nutrition from the stored essential elements in the body. This results in your body being stripped of its vital nutrients that it had stored for future use, and your internal organs and system turning weak, making you more susceptible to different diseases.
Instead, replacing the loaded burger with the following super foods can add to your health and trim your waistline too.
Banana: Bananas contain many important vitamins and minerals and a good amount of fiber that are readily assimilated in the body. They are excellent foods for those aiming to shed a few pounds as their high fiber and low sugar content tricks the brain into feeling full.
Since they are soft, they are beneficial for those having a disturbed gastrointestinal functioning. The high potassium content in
Chomp on a banana the next time you feel one of those hunger pangs coming up.
Avocado: Avocado is loaded with fruit oils which are extremely rare and of great therapeutic value. Unlike most fruits, it contains very few carbohydrates. This mellow fruit is power packed with minerals and vitamins that regulate body function, stimulate growth, and aid blood regeneration, making it an excellent fruit to prevent nutritional anemia.
Its high sodium and potassium content give it an amazing alkaline benefit.
Mushroom: Mushrooms are a life-saver for diabetic patients because of their low sugar content and high nutritional value. These fungi are among the very few organic sources of germanium, an element required to increase the oxygen efficiency of the body.
Mushrooms are a good source of vitamin B and also counteract the effects of pollutants and increase the resistance of diseases.
Cherries: Cherries are a blood builder, an excellent laxative, and high in iron. What more could you ask for? This tiny red fruit is rich in alkaline content which helps elimination of toxins and other wastes from the body, efficiently neutralizing the system. It also functions as gall bladder and liver cleanser.
Replacing your morning tea or coffee with a glass of cherry juice can work wonders with your health as it helps kill free radicals and boost collagen.
Garlic: Garlic has now established its importance in treating a variety of severe ailments like hypertension and blood cholesterol, but the wonders of
Many a times, garlic oil is used to cleanse the bowels and give an enema.
Lime: Squeezing lime juice over your salads is a good idea as lemons are top-of-the-list in the super foods category. A rich source of alkaline elements and the very important vitamin C, this tiny fruit of goodness helps treat scurvy, is a great laxative, and is a wonderful home remedy for catarrh and throat troubles.
Lime is also rich in potassium, vitamin B, vitamin G (better known as riboflavin), citric acid and many other vital minerals.
Spinach: Spinach is a wonderful source of vitamin A, vitamin C, and iron, and contains about 40 percent potassium. Alkaline in nature, it is an excellent tonic for the lymphatic, urinary and digestive systems.
Furthermore, it has high oxalic acid and calcium contents which make it an essential food to be a part of everyoneís diet.
These super-foods are suitable for almost everyone, and making these a part of your daily diet is bound to show significant changes for better in your health and fitness.
- 12 Delicious Eats You Didnít Know Were Superfoods - (http://www.rd.com/slideshows/6-surprising-super-foods/)
- Super Foods for Men and Women - (http://www.rd.com/health/diet-weight-loss/super-foods-for-men-and-women/)
Latest Publications and Research on Seven Power-Packed Foods for Optimum Health
- [Classification of the types of pediatric posterior fossa brain tumors based on routine MRI using wavelet transformation analysis of whole tumor]. - Published by PubMed
- Sono-photocatalytic degradation of tetracycline and pharmaceutical wastewater using WO3/CNT heterojunction nanocomposite under US and visible light irradiations: A novel hybrid system. - Published by PubMed
- Anthocyanin composition and changes during kernel development in purple-pericarp supersweet sweetcorn. - Published by PubMed
- Selenium in thyroid disorders - essential knowledge for clinicians. - Published by PubMed
- Early stage detection of Staphylococcus epidermidis biofilm formation using MgZnO dual-gate TFT biosensor. - Published by PubMed