What Should You Eat Before and After a Workout?
Exercise alone cannot do any wonders to shape one up. Equal importance has to be given to the diet.
'You are what you eat'. If one does not eat correctly, exercise can actually do more harm than good. Exercise is a need to eat better and perform better. Exercise causes breakdown and is a trigger for the body to repair and grow. It’s a draining process and the replenishment with raw materials has to come from a proper diet. Nourishing the body with wholesome food will make it grow stronger and fitter. Starving or stuffing it with junk will weaken the system and causes people to age faster.
Latest Publications and Research on Pre and Post Exercise Nutrition
- The influence of polymorphisms of fat mass and obesity (FTO, rs9939609) and vitamin D receptor (VDR, BsmI, TaqI, ApaI, FokI) genes on weight loss by diet and exercise interventions in non-diabetic overweight/obese Asian Indians in North India. - Published by PubMed
- Acute and daily effects of repeated voluntary hyperpnea on pulmonary function in healthy adults. - Published by PubMed
- Altered rodent gait characteristics after ~35 days in orbit aboard the International Space Station. - Published by PubMed
- Post-exercise hypotension and its hemodynamic determinants depend on the calculation approach. - Published by PubMed
- Intramuscular Botulinum toxin A injections induce central changes to axon initial segments and cholinergic boutons on spinal motoneurones in rats. - Published by PubMed