Raising a child is no piece of cake! The Good Book says:
“Direct your children onto the right path, and when they are older, they will not leave it…. Proverbs 22:6”
Easier said than done. You will have momentary breakdowns and hair-raising situations; your temper would simply tear the roof top! Who is to be blamed for that? Would it be you or your child? This is a question all parents need to ask themselves before justifying the whole act of nurturing as a difficult errand. Undoubtedly raising disciplined children is the most difficult, but an important job a parent has. However it is not impossible if you are determined to do what is required out of you as a parent.
Technically, there is no right or wrong method to raise your child right. Grownups love to lecture, yell and prod at children for their mischievous behavior or nonstop shower of questions. Annoying as it may seem, you need to pay attention to detail. You just have to understand the reason for why your child is asking so many questions or whining and answer to the point for them to be content and it sure will pay off. After all, it’s a journey that they have embarked on called life and, they come across a lot that might seem mundane to grownups, but is of excitement to your child.
Most of the actions imposed on kids are usually from parents’ own experience, and that’s what needs to be looked into for corrective measures. Here are scenarios parents need to put themselves in, to understand what would work better because both the methods would deliver results, but to what extent, is what you need to look into. A brief assessment of different parental styles will give a better understanding of the do’s and don’ts of effective parenting.
- Dictatorial style of parenting
- Assertive style of parenting
- Positive reinforcement
- Eye contact
- Inculcating optimism
- Permissive style of parenting
- Minimal involvement with child
- Indiscriminate praising
- Use of negative labels
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Sherley Pothen. (2018, December 14). Parental Tips to Raise Your Child Right . Medindia. Retrieved on Feb 04, 2023 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/lifestyleandwellness/parental-tips-to-raise-your-child-right.htm.
Sherley Pothen. "Parental Tips to Raise Your Child Right ". Medindia. Feb 04, 2023. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/lifestyleandwellness/parental-tips-to-raise-your-child-right.htm>.
Sherley Pothen. "Parental Tips to Raise Your Child Right ". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/lifestyleandwellness/parental-tips-to-raise-your-child-right.htm. (accessed Feb 04, 2023).
Sherley Pothen. 2021. Parental Tips to Raise Your Child Right . Medindia, viewed Feb 04, 2023, https://www.medindia.net/patients/lifestyleandwellness/parental-tips-to-raise-your-child-right.htm.
Latest Publications and Research on Parental Tips to Raise Your Child Right
- Parenting Styles and their Influence on Child's Dental Behavior and Caries Status: An Analytical Cross-Sectional Study. - Published by PubMed
- Maladaptive personality styles in a clinical sample of women with postpartum depression. - Published by PubMed
- The Role of General Parenting Style in Child Diet and Obesity Risk. - Published by PubMed
- AFRI_Starting Early Program Impacts on Feeding at Infant 10 Months Age: A Randomized Controlled Trial. - Published by PubMed
- Early postnatal gene expression in the developing neocortex of prairie voles (Microtus ochrogaster) is related to parental rearing style. - Published by PubMed
Do you wish to consult a Pediatrician for your problem? Ask your question
5 years experience
4 years experience
45 years experience
4 years experience
Spo2, Saptarshi Park, Durgapur