Dreaming of a Baby
Do you dream of the pitter patter of little feet around your living room? It is important that you look after your health not only during your pregnancy, but also before you conceive the baby. Some experts believe three months to be perfectly adequate the length of time to prepare for pregnancy, while others advise waiting six months to a year, especially if you are recovering from a serious illness and have been prescribed drugs to treat the same. Three months would be ideal, as it takes at least eight weeks for egg and sperm to develop to the stage of being ready to be released.
The first few weeks are crucial to a child’s development in the womb. However, many women do not realize they are pregnant until several weeks after conception. Planning ahead and taking care of yourself before becoming pregnant is the best thing you can do for your self and your baby.
Latest Publications and Research on The Magic Feeling of Being A Mother
- Breast cancer: an update on treatment-related infertility. - Published by PubMed
- The Role of Hormonal and Reproductive Status in the Treatment of Anxiety Disorders in Women. - Published by PubMed
- Maternal survival in a low-resource setting, Mpilo Central Hospital, Bulawayo, Zimbabwe. - Published by PubMed
- Exploring womens' experiences and decision making about physical activity during pregnancy and following birth: a qualitative study. - Published by PubMed
- Prevention of Pain During Screening for Retinopathy of Prematurity: A Randomized Control Trial Comparing Breast Milk, 10% Dextrose and Sterile Water. - Published by PubMed