Health Benefits of Peaches
1. Cancer Prevention: Studies show that the antioxidants like chlorogenic and neochlorogenic that are found in peaches can slow down the growth of breast cancer cells. Studies also show that lycopene and lutein in peach help protect the body against other chronic diseases such as colon, oral and lung cancers.
2. High in Potassium: Peach fruits are an excellent source of potassium, which acts as an electrolyte that is good for the heart. It improves blood pressure and reduces the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases. The presence of potassium in peach fruit can also lower the chance of kidney-related diseases. Therefore, you should provide your body with enough potassium by consuming peach fruit daily in your diet.
3. Fights Digestive Problem: The alkaline substances found in peach fruit helps to fight against digestive problems such as gastric acidity, nausea, etc. The fiber content in peach fruit helps the body to absorb the required amount of water for bowel movement, hence this leads to elimination of waste from the body and cleanses the intestines
4. Improves Eye Vision: Consuming peaches is good for the eyes. The fruit is a great source of beta-carotene, a compound that nourishes the eyes, protects them from free radicals damage and keeps them healthy. Some studies also show that substances present in peach fruit may reduce the risk of cataracts and help improve eye vision.
5. Rich In Vitamins: Getting enough vitamins from your diet is essential to maintain a healthy body. Peaches are rich in vitamins including A, C, E and K. All these vitamins are packed with essential health benefits that are needed for overall health.
6. Aids in Weight Loss: Peaches are low in calories and are a good fruit to help in weight loss.
7. Good for Your Skin: The present of vitamin C in peach fruit works wonders for the skin. It helps in slowing down the aging process, reduces formation of fine lines and wrinkles on the skin.
Peach Cobbler Recipe
• 12 fresh peaches, pitted and sliced
• 1 cup flour
• 1 cup white sugar
• 1 cup water
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 2 tablespoons of butter
• ¾ cups milk
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• Pre heat oven to 350-400 degrees F.
• Take a small bowl, combine sugar and water, and stir to dissolve then pour mixture over fresh peaches.
• In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Pour milk into the dry ingredients and then mix thoroughly.
• Melt butter in the baking pan, and then pour the mixture over the baking pan.
• Then spread the peach slices on top of it, sprinkle with cinnamon.
• Bake in pre-heated oven for 45-50 minutes, until golden brown.
• Serve hot onto a plate with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
|Calcium, Ca||6 mg||0.6 %|
|Copper, Cu||0.07 mg||3.4 %|
|Iron, Fe||0.25 mg||1.39 %|
|Magnesium, Mg||9 mg||2.25 %|
|Manganese, Mn||0.06 mg||3.05 %|
|Phosphorus, P||20 mg||2 %|
|Potassium, K||190 mg||5.43 %|
|Selenium, Se||0.1 mcg||0.14 %|
|Sodium, Na||0 mg||0 %|
|Zinc, Zn||0.17 mg||1.13 %|
|Vitamin A||326 IU||6.52 %|
|Vitamin C||6.6 mg||11 %|
|Vitamin B6||0.02 mg||1.25 %|
|Vitamin E||0.73 mg||2.43 %|
|Vitamin K||2.6 mcg||3.25 %|
|Riboflavin||0.03 mg||1.82 %|
|Thiamin||0.02 mg||1.6 %|
|Folate, DFE||4 mcg||1 %|
|Niacin||0.81 mg||4.03 %|
|Fiber||1.5 g||6 %|
|Cholesterol||0 mg||0 %|
|Carotene, alpha||0 mcg|
|Carotene, beta||162 mcg|
|View all +|