Health Benefits of Avaram Senna FlowerAvaram Senna flower is a natural source of antioxidants. The flower extract contains terpenoids, tannins, flavonoids, saponins, cardiac glycosides and steroids.
Helps Treat Diabetes: The flower extract is proven to have anti-diabetic activity. Consumption of avaram Senna flowers in the form of tea lowers blood sugar level. According to a research, consumption of 0.45 g/kg body weight of the avaram Senna flower extract for a period of 30 days significantly lowered sugar level.
Prevents Urinary Tract Infections: Avaram Senna flowers have properties that prevent urinary tract infection, especially in women. It prevents bacterial growth and is also effective in curing infections. It acts as a detoxifying agent and excretes harmful toxins from the body.
Constipation: It acts as a laxative that helps prevent constipation. People who suffer from constipation benefit from avaram Senna flower tea as it eases bowel movement.
Weight Loss: It helps shed excess fat, maintain healthy body weight and also Senna lowers blood cholesterol levels.
Good for Skin: Dried Avaram Senna flower is good for external application and helps treat many skin disorders. It works wonders when used as a face pack. It prevents black spots, treats uneven skin tone and improves skin complexion. Regular use of dried Avaram Senna flowers keeps the skin blemish free. Avaram flowers are effective in curing body odor.
Avaram Senna Recipes:Avaram Senna Flower Tea
Dried Avaram Senna flowers are best consumed as tea. It is one of the best substitutes for caffeinated beverages. It prevents dehydration.
- Dried Avaram Senna Flower 2 teaspoon
- Milk 1 cup
- Palm sugar 1 tsp
- Black Pepper corns (Optional)
- Cardamom Powder a pinch
- Pound dried Avaram Senna flowers, palm candy and black pepper corns coarsely in a mortar and pestle.
- In a pan, boil milk with the pounded mixture.
- Strain the milk and serve hot.
Avaram Senna Flower SoupIngredients:
- Handful of Avaram Flower (Fresh or Dried)
- Handful of Small Onion (10 nos)
- 1 Tomato (Medium Sized)
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1 inch of Ginger
- 1 Tsp of Cumin
- 1 Tsp of Black Pepper
- 5 Cups of Water
- Salt to Taste
- Clean and wash fresh avaram Senna flower.
- Add all the ingredients in a blender and grind it to a smooth paste with 1 cup of water.
- Heat the remaining water, in a pan, add the ground mixture and boil.
- Slowly boil until it reduces to 3 cups of soup.
- Add salt and pepper and turn off the flame.
- Effect of Cassia auriculata flowers on blood sugar levels, serum and tissue lipids in streptozotocin diabetic rats - (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12693765)
- Pharmacological potentials of Cassia auriculata and Cassia fistula plants: A review - (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24163950)
- Senna auriculata - (http://database.prota.org/PROTAhtml/Senna%20auriculata_En.htm)
Latest Publications and Research on Health Benefits of Avaram Senna FlowerWhy large seeds with physical dormancy become nondormant earlier than small ones. - Published by PubMed
Synthesis and characterization of fluorinated anatase nanoparticles and subsequent N-doping for efficient visible light activated photocatalysis. - Published by PubMed
Eosinophilic Granulomatosis With Polyangiitis and Cardiac Involvement: A Case Report. - Published by PubMed
Thunderstorm Asthma: A Critical Appraisal Based on Clinical Practice. - Published by PubMed
Colonization and destruction of ants of the genus Camponotus sp. (Hymenoptera: Formicidae) in vitro by the fungus Pochonia chlamydosporia in the southeast region of Brazil. - Published by PubMed