A few men are only in their twenties when they begin to lose hair, but by the time men reach their fifties, more than 50% of them have what doctors would call ‘significant hair loss’. While some of the loss could be caused by scalp infections, diseases, or by habits like pulling out the hair, for most men it falls into the category of
What is Male Pattern Baldness (MPB)
Male pattern baldness is due at least partly to your genes, and an inherited susceptibility to certain chemicals present in the body. It is very common, and it is not a disease, even though for many of us it probably gives as much grief as one.
It might be genetic, but that does not mean there is nothing you can do about it. Much research has gone into hair loss, and scientists and doctors now understand the mechanism of male pattern baldness much better than they used to, and they have developed many innovative treatments for MPB-related
Latest Publications and Research on Hair Loss in Men
- Finasteride and Suicide: A Postmarketing Case Series. - Published by PubMed
- The effect of GGC and CAG repeat polymorphisms on the androgen receptor gene in response to finasteride therapy in men with androgenetic alopecia. - Published by PubMed
- Predictors of iron-deficiency anemia in primary care older adults: a real-world European multi-country longitudinal study. - Published by PubMed
- Exposure to a high selenium environment in Punjab, India: Biomarkers and health conditions. - Published by PubMed
- Non-ablative radio frequency for the treatment of androgenetic alopecia. - Published by PubMed
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Susan Vinoth Pandian. (2017, February 27). Hair Loss in Men. Medindia. Retrieved on Jul 02, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/lifestyleandwellness/hairloss/hair-loss-in-men.htm.
Dr. Susan Vinoth Pandian. "Hair Loss in Men". Medindia. Jul 02, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/lifestyleandwellness/hairloss/hair-loss-in-men.htm>.
Dr. Susan Vinoth Pandian. "Hair Loss in Men". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/lifestyleandwellness/hairloss/hair-loss-in-men.htm. (accessed Jul 02, 2022).
Dr. Susan Vinoth Pandian. 2021. Hair Loss in Men. Medindia, viewed Jul 02, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/lifestyleandwellness/hairloss/hair-loss-in-men.htm.
Do you wish to consult a Trichologist for your problem? Ask your question
5 years experience
Derm E Care, Opposite Laxmi Industrial State , Mumbai