Sweet potato hash with eggs
Boil the sweet potatoes in salted water for about 3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the peppers, onion, garlic, jalapeño pepper and salt. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are soft. Add cooked sweet potatoes and the herbs. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
In another pan, heat a teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil. Break the eggs into a small bowl, and then slide them into the skillet. Cook until the whites are set. Gently flip the omelet over and cook for another minute or so.
Aloo Gobhi (Potato and caulifower dish)
• 2 cups of cauliflower cut into small florets• 2 medium cubed potatoes
• 1/2 inch piece of ginger grated
• 3 tsp coriander powder
• Pinch of turmeric powder and cayenne pepper
• Pinch of asafetida
• 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
• 2 green chilies• 2 bay leaves
• Salt to taste
• 1 tsp mango powder
• 2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro
• 1/4 cup water
In a small bowl, make a paste with ginger, coriander powder, cayenne pepper, turmeric, in water.
Heat oil in a pan. Add asafetida and cumin seeds to the oil. After seeds crackle, add the bay leaves and green chilies and stir for a few seconds. Add the spice mix and stir until spices start leaving the oil.
Add the vegetables, water and salt. Mix well. Cover the pan and let it cook on medium heat for about 15 to 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
Add the mango powder and fresh cilantro. Mix everything and cover for a minute. You can add some green peas and/or sliced red bell peppers to the dish.
Serve with besan roti, (flat breads made from gram flour).
- Nutrition and healthy eating - (https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/gluten-free-diet/art-20048530?reDate=20092018)
- Gluten-free diet reduces adiposity, inflammation and insulin resistance associated with the induction of PPAR-alpha and PPAR-gamma expression - (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23253599)
- Effectiveness of the gluten-free, casein-free diet for children diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder: based on parental report - (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22564339)
- Gluten-free diet: a new strategy for management of painful endometriosis related symptoms? - (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23334113)
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Mita Majumdar. (2018, September 20). Gluten-free Recipes. Medindia. Retrieved on May 22, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/lifestyleandwellness/gluten-free-recipes.htm.
Mita Majumdar. "Gluten-free Recipes". Medindia. May 22, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/lifestyleandwellness/gluten-free-recipes.htm>.
Mita Majumdar. "Gluten-free Recipes". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/lifestyleandwellness/gluten-free-recipes.htm. (accessed May 22, 2022).
Mita Majumdar. 2021. Gluten-free Recipes. Medindia, viewed May 22, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/lifestyleandwellness/gluten-free-recipes.htm.
Request an Appointment with a Doctor (Nutrition Expert)
30 years experience
Pro Health Diet Clinic, Sector 37-C
7 years experience