Protocol and A Sample Meal
It is best to eat one type of fruit at a time and wait 45 minutes before having another type of fruit, If you're still hungry after eating one type of fruit, then you should eat more of the same type of fruit until you are satisfied.
Fruitarian and author David Wolfe says it is best to eat one type of fruit at a time and wait 45 minutes before another type of fruit is eaten. Whereas 'The Fruitarian Foundation,' recommends waiting at least 90 minutes between fruit types.
If a person is hungry after eating one type of fruit, he/she should eat more of the same type of fruit until the hunger is satisfied. People on the diet should eat only when hungry and eat as much as they want until their hunger is satisfied. The signal to stop eating is not as strong in people who eat more than one type of fruit at the same time.
A Sample Meal
The following schedule is a typical one-day meal plan from the 'Fruitarian Foundation', for a fruitarian diet:
- Early morning (6-9 a.m.): The juice of three to five lemons immediately upon waking, raisins, and an unlimited amount of melon or melon juice
- Midmorning (9 a.m. to 12 p.m.): An unlimited amount of apples, pineapple, figs, pears, grapes, yellow plums, kiwi, and cucumber
- Noon (12-3 p.m.): Oranges or tangerines, peaches, apricots, and papayas in any amount desired
- Midafternoon (3-6 p.m.): Mango, cherries, strawberries, red plums, persimmons, pomegranates, watermelon, and tomatoes
- Evening (6-9 p.m.): Grapes, blackberries, and raspberries
- Late evening (9 p.m. to 12 a.m.): Mango, cherries, strawberries, red plums, persimmons, pomegranates, watermelon, and tomatoes
Bananas, coconut, organic olives, ripe avocados, any type of raw nuts, and lemon juice can be eaten any time. The only items that should be consumed between midnight to 3 a.m., if required are four to six passion fruit, a small amount of water (if needed), and lemon juice.
- Beyond Vegetarianism - (http://www.beyondveg.com)
- Fruitarian Foundation - (http://www.fruitarian.com)
- The New Earth - (http://www.thenewearth.org)
- David Wolfe "Natures First Law: The Raw Food Diet"
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Maulishree Jhawer. (2019, April 29). Protocol and A Sample Meal. Medindia. Retrieved on Jul 04, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/lifestyleandwellness/fruitarian-diet-protocol-and-a-sample-meal.htm.
Maulishree Jhawer. "Protocol and A Sample Meal". Medindia. Jul 04, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/lifestyleandwellness/fruitarian-diet-protocol-and-a-sample-meal.htm>.
Maulishree Jhawer. "Protocol and A Sample Meal". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/lifestyleandwellness/fruitarian-diet-protocol-and-a-sample-meal.htm. (accessed Jul 04, 2022).
Maulishree Jhawer. 2021. Protocol and A Sample Meal. Medindia, viewed Jul 04, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/lifestyleandwellness/fruitarian-diet-protocol-and-a-sample-meal.htm.
Request an Appointment with a Doctor (Nutrition Expert)
30 years experience
Pro Health Diet Clinic, Sector 37-C, Chandigarh
39 years experience
2 years experience
12 years experience
Health and Nutrify clinic, Serlingampally, Hyderabad