What are Fat-Burning Foods for Men?
Nature has abundantly supplied us with foods that have fat-burning properties. These foods help burn fat due to some of the compounds present in them. These substances boost the metabolism, forcing the body to consume more energy that results in burning calories and fat.
Men usually pack excess fat around their bellies. This belly fat can put men at a risk of cardiovascular diseases, sleep disorders, certain types of cancer and other weight-related health issues. But good news is that you can now combine an effective workout routine with a healthy diet that includes fat-burning foods to easily get rid of your belly fat and keep it that way. So what foods burn belly fat?
Here is a List of Fat-Burning Foods for Men:
Eggs: Eggs help to lose fat and maintain a trim physique. The body needs to utilize lot of calories to process the healthy proteins in eggs. They are also quite filling and provide the body with essential nutrients, thereby, reducing hunger pangs as well as keeping you healthy. If you are concerned about consuming yolk, then you have the option of only eating egg whites till you are comfortable with your weight to start eating the yolk again. Better still; eat yolk in moderation instead of avoiding them completely as they are packed with beneficial nutrients.
Apples: The polyphenols in apples make them one of the best fat loss foods for men. These polyphenols are an antioxidant, which inhibit the body from storing excess fat.
Cinnamon: Instead of taking fat-burning supplements, why not consume a bit of cinnamon every day to get rid of that unsightly belly? In fact one of the best fat-burning foods for men is cinnamon. This spice helps in burning fat by regulating the blood sugar and thus keeping high energy levels. This in turn prevents cravings. Cinnamon also prevents the body from storing fat.
Chili peppers: When consumed, the heat in chilies spikes your metabolic rate and effectively helps you release more energy. So definitely include this fat-burning food in your diet to effectively lose excess fat from the body.
Broccoli: This green vegetable is an effective fat-burning food for men on top of all the other health benefits it offers. The fiber in broccoli is quite filling and thus aids weight loss. You can add broccoli to many healthy recipes and consume it on a regular basis as a way to lose excess fat.
Coconut oil: This healthy oil contains medium-chain fatty acids (triacylglycerols). This helps the body to utilize fat as a source of energy.
Kidney beans: High in fiber and protein, kidney beans effectively help lose fat from your body.
Berries: Strawberries contain polyphenols, which regulate glucose levels in the blood and work as a good fat-burning food for men. Blueberries also control the fat in the cells and are a great food source to lose belly fat.
Lentils: Lentils are high in protein, fiber, iron and many essential components. They not only supply the body with nutrients required for good health but also reduce hunger pangs as they make the stomach feel full. A bowl of lentils at dinnertime can be eaten as a fat-burning food besides utilizing its other health benefits.
Spinach: This leafy green veggie fights bad cholesterol, helps burns excess body fat and also makes the metabolism work faster. Eating spinach is a healthy way to lose belly fat.
Some more natural fat-burning food sources:
- Low fat yogurt
- Sweet Potato
- Green Tea
- Flax seeds
- Citrus fruits
Some health tips to lose belly fat:
- Include a few fat-burning foods in every meal.
- Try to eat a fresh salad or fat-burning fruits like avocadoes or apples to satiate those midday hunger pangs.
- Combine healthy eating habits with a good workout plan.
- Make a healthy breakfast that can burn excess fat. Some examples are omelet with spinach and mushrooms with a touch of chili peppers for good measure; oats with low-fat milk, almonds and nuts; oats or pancakes with strawberries or blueberries.
- Eat a light dinner and include a fresh salad or a soup with ingredients such as apples, spinach, mushrooms. Include roasted or steamed veggies such as broccoli and sweet potatoes.
- How to Lose Your Spare Tire - (http://www.aarp.org/health/fitness/info-2007/belly_fat.html)
- 7 SIMPLE WAYS TO BURN MORE BELLY FAT - (http://blackdoctor.org/13728/easy-ways-to-burn-more-belly-fat/)
- Belly fat in men: Why weight loss matters - (http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-living/mens-health/in-depth/belly-fat/art-20045685)
- What are Normal Blood Glucose Levels? - (https://www.virginiamason.org/WhatareNormalBloodGlucoseLevels)
- Polyphenols: antioxidants and beyond - (http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/81/1/215S.full)
Latest Publications and Research on Fat-Burning Foods for MenAn unexpected trigger for calorie burning in brown fat. - Published by PubMed
Acute peat smoke inhalation sensitizes rats to the postprandial cardiometabolic effects of a high fat oral load. - Published by PubMed
Epigenomic Control of Thermogenic Adipocyte Differentiation and Function. - Published by PubMed