Importance of Healthy Snacking
People are increasingly becoming aware of the necessity for eating healthy. No longer does our day consist of three main meals. Nowadays we are consciously focusing on consuming five to six meals per day. The fact that we should all be eating every 2 to 3 hours for weight and health purposes has made snacking, and that too healthy snacking, all the more important.
- People with long or unusual working hours
- People with jobs that require lot of traveling
- Overweight and obese people
- It keeps the body energetic throughout the day.
- It helps with weight loss.
- It also helps maintain the weight loss as one would ultimately eat less at big meals.
- Eating less at main meals and having healthy fiber rich foods in between keeps the metabolic rate high and helps one process food faster.
Healthy snacking is not as simple a task as it sounds. It involves thorough understanding and dedication to stick to a structured plan. It’s an art to eat frequently yet maintain or lose weight. It decides our long term health and fitness. Eating small frequent five to six small meals, every 2 to 3 hours, is the correct way of eating. Consuming small number of calories throughout the day complements the body’s physiology and nourishes it. Not eating for too long (more than 3 hours) is just an act of punishment. Rather than cutting calories, it backfires and makes one conserve fat.
Latest Publications and Research on Diet Guidelines for Healthy SnackingAssociation of parental investment of time and cost in food provisioning with adherence to dietary guidelines for the consumption of fruits, vegetables and non-core foods in pre-schoolers. - Published by PubMed