Benefits of Healthy Snacking
Healthy snacking has the following benefits:
- Lesser calories get converted and stored as fat.
- A constant supply of glucose keeps the body energized.
- Prevents lethargy and enables one to work with the same vigor throughout the day.
Healthy snacking thus prevents fat storage, maintains blood sugar levels, and keeps one fit and alert throughout the day. We should strive to snack healthy each day. Once a habit it would become a way of life.
- Indian Foods: AAPI’s Guide to Health Nutrition and Diabetes.
- Diwekar, R. Don’t lose your mind, lose your weight. Random House India, 2009.
- Laquatra, I. Nutrition for weight management In Krause’s Food, Nutrition & Diet Therapy; Mahan, LK., Stump, S.E, editors, 11th edition, Pheladelphia, 2000.
- Hursti, K. Factors influencing children’s food choice. Ann Med. 1999; Supp1; pp – 26 to 325. Koivisto Hursti. Factors influencing children''s food choice. Ann Med. 1999 Apr;31 Suppl 1:26-32.