Hemorrhoids or piles are often found to be occurring more commonly in middle aged and older individuals.
There are two different types of hemorrhoids depending upon their location-internal and external.
- Internal hemorrhoids are located in the inner lining of the rectum and cannot be felt. They are usually painless and can also lead to bleeding.
- External hemorrhoids, however, can be painful and swollen, and are located on the skin around the anus, and can be felt easily.
Causes of Piles / Hemorrhoids - It is believed that straining during evacuating the bowels, frequent in individuals suffering from constipation, is the major reason behind the development of hemorrhoids or piles.
However, there are many other factors that may increase an individualís risk of suffering from the condition. Some of them are listed below:
- Untreated Conditions - Delay in the treatment of certain disorders and ailments of the gastrointestinal system like dysentery, diarrhea, colitis etc, can be linked to the formation of piles.
- Pregnancy - Post-partum hemorrhoids and pregnancy hemorrhoids are getting common, and these are mostly due to the expansion of the uterus during pregnancy and also possibly due to the strain on the rectal wall during childbirth.
- Genetic Constitution - It is believed that our genetic makeup may also have an impact on the development of piles. A family history of hemorrhoids could put an individual at a greater risk of suffering from the condition.
- Symptoms of Piles / Hemorrhoids - Pain, irritation and a feeling of the protrusion and swelling near the anal region are first felt as the signs of development of hemorrhoids. If cleaning and rubbing the area near the swelling tends to aggravate it further, it is a clear indication of the formation of hemorrhoids. Bright red colored stool is the sure shot indication of the presence of internal hemorrhoids.
- Ayurvedic Treatment for Piles / Hemorrhoids - Since Ayurvedic medicine involves a lot of changes in the diet and lifestyle, some remedies to prevent and treat hemorrhoids are fairly simple and lifestyle related. Here weíve listed down some of the common ayurvedic remedies to treat hemorrhoids.
- Sedentary Lifestyle - Sitting in a particular posture for long hours without movement can also lead to development of hemorrhoids. In fact, many researchers believe that lack of physical activity may be one of the major reasons for the increase in hemorrhoid-affected people today.
- Avoid eating foods that are hard to digest. Since hemorrhoids tend to form due to an increased pressure on the rectal walls, eat foods that are light and easy to pass as stools. Consume more raw, fiber-rich fruits and vegetables.
- Increase physical activity; if you have been a couch potato for a long time, itís time to get up and exercise. Moderate exercise
not only just helps treat hemorrhoids, but also prevents many other lifestyle related disorders.
- Eat foods that improve digestion; if you have a weak digestive system, add probiotic-rich foods to your diet. You could also supplement your diet with probiotic supplements that make digestion easier and soften the stools, putting less pressure on the rectal walls.
- Increase the water intake. A dehydrated body can cause the stools to become hard, making them difficult to pass; drinking more water can make passing stools easier.
- Dried figs are yet another amazing ayurvedic treatment for piles. Soak some dried figs in warm water overnight, and eat them the first thing in the morning.
- A mixture of the juice of a lemon, ginger and fresh mint, along with honey, can be effective in treating piles by improving digestion.
- Papaya, mango seeds, sesame seeds, bitter gourd, turnip, rice, wheat, radish, ginger, onion, jambul fruit and other fiber-rich foods should be added more to the diet as a remedy for piles.
Prevention of Piles / Hemorrhoids - Taking a few simple steps can help prevent hemorrhoid formation to a good extent. Keeping up your water intake and adding more fiber-rich foods are easy steps to keep away hemorrhoids.
Next, drinking a small teaspoon of castor oil mixed with milk will help soften the stool, make it easier to pass, and reduce the pressure on the rectal walls and muscles. Also, massaging the abdomen with rosemary and marjoram oil, or adding a few drops of Juniper or cypress oil to your bath water can act as a wonderful preventive measure against hemorrhoids.
- Home remedies for Hemorrhoids or piles Causes and Ayurvedic Treatment - (http://msarogyam.com/home-remedies-for-hemorrhoids-or-piles-causes-and-ayurvedic-treatment/#Treatment_for_Hemorrhoids)
- What are haemorrhoids (Piles)? - (http://zeenews.india.com/ayurveda/what-are-haemorrhoids-piles_137.html)
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Enozia Vakil. (2020, September 10). Ayurvedic Treatment for Piles | Hemorrhoids. Medindia. Retrieved on May 31, 2023 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/lifestyleandwellness/ayurvedic-treatment-for-piles.htm.
Dr. Enozia Vakil. "Ayurvedic Treatment for Piles | Hemorrhoids". Medindia. May 31, 2023. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/lifestyleandwellness/ayurvedic-treatment-for-piles.htm>.
Dr. Enozia Vakil. "Ayurvedic Treatment for Piles | Hemorrhoids". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/lifestyleandwellness/ayurvedic-treatment-for-piles.htm. (accessed May 31, 2023).
Dr. Enozia Vakil. 2020. Ayurvedic Treatment for Piles | Hemorrhoids. Medindia, viewed May 31, 2023, https://www.medindia.net/patients/lifestyleandwellness/ayurvedic-treatment-for-piles.htm.
Latest Publications and Research on Ayurvedic Treatment for Piles
- Comparative study of endoscopic band ligation versus injection sclerotherapy with 50% dextrose in water, in symptomatic internal haemorrhoids. - Published by PubMed
- Anorectal Functional Outcomes Following Doppler-Guided Transanal Hemorrhoidal Dearterialization: Evidence from Vietnam. - Published by PubMed
- Minimal Open Hemorrhoidectomy versus Transanal Hemorrhoidal Dearterialization: The Effect on Symptoms: An Open-Label Randomized Controlled Trial. - Published by PubMed
- Relationship between haemorrhoidal grade and toilet habits. - Published by PubMed
- Hemorrhoid laser procedure with suture-pexy (HeLPexx): a novel effective procedure to treat hemorrhoidal disease. - Published by PubMed
Do you wish to consult a Gastroenterologist for your problem? Ask your question
5 years experience
11 years experience
Alchemist Hospital, Panchkula
Amazing information about Piles Treatment and Cure.
Piles is common in those who take excess of chicken, prawns, spicy foods etc.. so please avoid those foods, instead of that you can take more vegetables and fruits.
Hi I am 27 years old and I am suffering from Bleeding Hemorrhoids please suggest some treatment which will effect fast.
Hi Jacob you can use PF2-CURE medicine. Its only seven days course and will stop bleeding pain and burning in one week only. Also you are supposed to take diet restrictions for one month, in terms of non-veg, oily spicy food, junk food etc. I think its a best piles medicine I have ever seen
Hi I am 22 years old and I am suffering from piles. And its blading piles please suggest some treatment who will effect fast.
Hi Ajay PF2-CURE medicine. Its only seven days course and will stop bleeding pain and burning in one week only.
Amazing article, very nicely written with good tips.