Gold facials, diamond facials, collagen treatment and the lot, are old news. In vogue today are the different concoctions of wine facials for the elite.
The virtues of wine facial are improved blood circulation and reduced wrinkles. It is one of the best ways to revitalize skin. Although priced relatively high compared to its counterparts the vinic treatment is justified in visible results. The wine may be used in conjunction with Ayurvedic cream or regular cream depending on one’s skin type. The glow from a wine facial is incomparable and because they have a purely herbal base, they are useful in curing infections. Regular sessions over a period of a few weeks result in a clear, blemish free skin. Its antioxidant properties and grape seed polyphenols coax collagen production back in your sagging skin.
The benefits of consuming wine are not hidden. Moderate wine consumption is associated with:
- reduced cardiovascular health risks, for example, resveratrol in grape skin is known to have cardio protective effects;
- chemo protective effects;
- decrease in the risk of lung cancer; and
- decrease in the risk for Alzheimer's disease.
The therapeutic effects of wine in vinic facials just add to the long list of its benefits.
Wine has been a favorite drink throughout history, be it as a ceremonial drink, an ode to camaraderie, and offering to God, an accompaniment to delectable cuisine or the cup of winebibbers. Lately it is big in the beauty business as well. A plethora of wine-based facial products are being promoted these days in order for clients to regain their youthful look. Wine-based products have taken anti-aging treatment to a whole new level. Besides the traditional red wine, wines concocted locally from fruits and herbs like fennel seeds, cardamom, apples and apricots are also used as innovative and alternative wine facial treatment.
But the question remains if the wine therapy is suited for all skin types. Not all treatments are suited for every skin type. But ingenuity and innovation are the key words in the business. Wine is especially good for oily and acne prone skin as it reduces chances of acne formation. The therapeutic quality of wine relaxes the skin muscles. Almond may be added to the concoction for dry skin and aloe for oily and acne prone skin. Grape wine is a preferred wine, because it is an excellent
Wine therapy is also being used in spas in conjunction with ayurvedic therapies to soothe frayed nerves and relax the stressed tissues as a passive form of exercise. The procedure helps in the production of anti-bodies, soothes the nervous system, improves circulation and builds up the immune system. A gamut of vinotherapy offerings will leave you perplexed on what to choose! For example, the combination of wine facial and ayurveda indulges the body and awakens one’s mind and senses. This east-meets-west treatment is formulated with a rich blend of wine and exotic herbs that moisturize the skin and rejuvenate ones senses. This is the ultimate in vinotherapy. The seeds, skin and leaves of grape contain polyphenols and procyanidols which exert antioxidants, so here is what you can consider for yourself in the salon or spa:
- A wine bath for entire body and muscle relaxation.
- A full body exfoliant, done with crushed pips for shine. But remember, this spa treatment is for those with deep pockets or for special occasions.
- A wine facial done with flower essences and a mix of mud massaged with grape oil and exfoliants.
In conclusion - A healthy skin program includes cleansing, toning and nourishing. The skin suffers if it is not cared for. The human skin breathes, inhaling oxygen and exhaling carbon dioxide. It needs to absorb sufficient vitamins, minerals and enzymes in order to facilitate breathing. Wine acts as a catalyst that promotes this breathing process. The most beautiful women throughout history have relied on jealously guarded beauty therapies. Some of the most exciting beauty formulas derive their success from wine. Wine is the most common ingredient in natural beauty recipes. It is rich in vitamins and minerals and interacts with specific natural ingredients to help cleanse and beautify the skin, hair and body. If your favorite salon has added a vinic facial to their list, you should definitely indulge in it to benefit from the secret to a youthful skin.
- Top 5 Vinotherapy Spas in Portugal and Spain - (http://catavino.net/vinotherapy-wine-therapy-taking-the-romance-of-wine-to-a-whole-new-level/)
Latest Publications and Research on Anti-Aging Treatment with Vinotherapy or Wine Facials
- Inheritance of winemaking stress factors tolerance in Saccharomyces uvarum/S. eubayanus × S. cerevisiae artificial hybrids. - Published by PubMed
- An Overview of the Cellular Mechanisms of Flavonoids Radioprotective Effects. - Published by PubMed
- Bioassay-Guided Different Extraction Techniques of Carica papaya (Linn.) Leaves on In Vitro Wound-Healing Activities. - Published by PubMed
- A review on the extraction, purification, detection, and pharmacological effects of 2,3,5,4'-tetrahydroxystilbene-2-O-ß-d-glucoside from Polygonum multiflorum. - Published by PubMed
- Growth Differentiation Factor 11 impairs titanium implant healing in the femur and leads to mandibular bone loss in both young and aged mice. - Published by PubMed