'Some eat to live while others live to eat.' Some foods taste great while some are unpalatable. Some foods are expensive while others are not. They say that some foods are good for your health while others can damage your health. There is abundant literature available about cooking, diet, health, and food. In an effort to employ every means to stay fit, it has now become important for us to understand the acid–base balance of the internal milieu of our body.
Nevertheless, due to a plethora of data available and logical reasoning, one cannot refute the findings and relationship established between increased acidity, ageing and disease.
Having a deeper understanding of the acidic waste build up and importance of feeding the body with all that would prevent the same, would add to our existing knowledge. Practicing it or at least following it to some extent would be help in leading healthier lifestyle.
The western diets are acidogenic due to the high dietary acid load and a low intake of base-forming dietary minerals such as potassium, magnesium or calcium. So somewhere down the line it is important for us to understand this concept and make necessary changes in our eating pattern.
- Dr Renu Mahtani; 2005; “The Ultimate Indian Diet Book
- Sang Whang; “Reverse Ageing – Not Science Fiction But a Scientific Fact
- Bharti Vyas, Suzanne Le Quesne; 2007; “The pH balance diet”
- Robert O. Young, Shelly Red Ford Young; 2002; “The pH Miracle”
- Michelle Schroffro Cook; 2008; “The ultimate pH solution”
- Susan Etchy; 2006; “The Acid- Alkaline Food Guide”
- Alkaline Diet Health Tips (http://www.alkalinediethealthtips.com/index.html)
- König D, Muser K, Dickhuth HH, Berg A, Deibert P. Nutr J. 2009 Jun 10;8:23.
Latest Publications and Research on Acid Base Dietary Balance and its Influence on Our Health and WellbeingMaking dietary changes following a diagnosis of prediabetes: a qualitative exploration of barriers and facilitators. - Published by PubMed
How to reduce parental provision of unhealthy foods to 3- to 8-year-old children in the home environment? A systematic review utilizing the Behaviour Change Wheel framework. - Published by PubMed
Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress Affects Lipid Metabolism in Atherosclerosis Via CHOP Activation and Over-Expression of miR-33. - Published by PubMed
Bioactive Peptide Improves Diet-Induced Hepatic Fat Deposition and Hepatocyte Proinflammatory Response in SAMP8 Ageing Mice. - Published by PubMed