The body itself synthesizes cholesterol from the food and performs some important functions of the body like: -
- Protection against infectious diseases
- Keeping the cell membranes intact
- Boosting mental performance
- Repairing damaged tissue
- Helps in digestion
- Building muscles and strong bones
- Maintaining energy, vitality, libido, and fertility
- Regulating blood sugar
Many people fail to understand that little knowledge is a dangerous thing. So the point that one wishes to make here is that surely one should be cautious in the diet that is consumed but when suffering from an ailment or disease it become critically important to consult a dietician for expert diet advice.
REMEMBER: - PLANT PRODUCTS DO NOT HAVE CHOLESTEROL, IF PRESENT THEY ARE IN NEGLIGEBLE AMOUNTS.