Shriram General Insurance Company Limited is a Joint Venture between Shriram Capital Limited (Part of Shriram Group) and Sanlam Limited. In this Joint Venture between the two organizations, Shriram Capital Limited holds 74% Equity and Sanlam Limited holds the balance 26% of Equity.
The core business of the Shriram Group is Financial Services. Moreover, in India, the Shriram Group is a clear leader in the truck financing and chit businesses. Shriram Transport Finance Company is the largest Commercial Vehicle Financing NBFC in the country and the Chit Fund Business of the Group is Numero Uno in the industry, across India. The Shriram Group has been pursuing diversification in areas other than financial services. Currently the group has presence in engineering projects, property development, auto ancillaries and software services and is on the lookout to enter other industries, by keeping its options wide option. It has promoted a number of companies engaged in diverse financial services activities such as truck finance, consumer finance, chit business, Life Insurance business, etc
Sanlam is the largest General Insurance Company in South Africa. Sanlam Limited was established in 1918 and thereafter demutualized in 1998. Sanlam is a leading financial services group in South Africa, engaged in diversified businesses viz. general insurance, life insurance, investment, and independent financial services. The market capitalization of Sanlam is approximately USD 6 billion and has over USD 60 billion of assets under its management.
The philosophy of Shriram General Insurance Co. Ltd. is to provide prompt, ethical and equitable settlement of claims. Their goal is to respond quickly to the customer’s needs and to handle his/her claim in a prompt and trouble-free manner.
Their dedicated staff of trained professionals understands that undergoing or facing a loss is a stressful situation. The Shriram Group is committed to achieving excellence by their efforts toward superior service, efficiency, teamwork, and communication. At SGI, the approach of "Pay only if we can" is given prime importance.
Shriram General Insurance Co. Ltd. (A Joint Venture with Sanlam, South Africa)
E-8, EPIP, RIICO Industrial Area,
Jaipur – 302022.
Disclaimer: This information is extracted from the company’s official website to provide information to the general public. The information is likely to change based on the concerned insurance companies’ discretion. Alterations, deletions and/or additions to the existing policy products, coverage and their premiums may be enhanced or reduced. These figures are only guidelines. We recommend the individual to visit the official website of the insurance company for more details and updated matters. Read more: Bharti AXA General Insurance Company Ltd - https://www.medindia.net/patients/
Latest Publications and Research on Shriram General Insurance Company
- Survey of Customers Requesting Medical Information: Preferences and Information Needs of Patients and Health Care Professionals to Support Treatment Decisions. - Published by PubMed
- Patterns of Health Care Utilization and Medication Adherence Among Youth with Systemic Lupus Erythematosus During Transfer from Pediatric to Adult Care. - Published by PubMed
- Is obesity a risk factor for readmission after acute myocardial infarction? - Published by PubMed
- Bidirectional association between alopecia areata and major depressive disorder among probands and unaffected siblings: A nationwide population-based study. - Published by PubMed
- Containing or shifting? Health expenditure decomposition for the aging Dutch population after a major reform. - Published by PubMed