Brief Introduction about Insurance
Insurance is defined as is a form of risk management primarily used to hedge against unforeseen risks of contingent losses. Another definition for Insurance is the equitable transfer of the risks from the possibility of occurrence of losses, from one entity to another (or host of others), by the method of diversification in exchange for a premium. As a result the ramifications of a large and devastating loss can be minimized to a great extent.
An Insurer is a company designing, promoting and selling the insurance products and services amongst the public. An insured or policyholder is the person or entity purchasing the insurance products and services. Risk management, the practice of appraising and controlling everpervading risks, has evolved as a discrete field of study and practice. The study of Insurance incorporates the discipline of Risk Management which acts as a driving force.
- Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority - (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insurance_Regulatory_and_Development_Authority)
- Insurance Regulatory & Development Authority (IRDA) - (http://www.banknetindia.com/finance/irda.htm)
- Insurance - (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insurance)
Latest Publications and Research on Insurance Concepts and IRDA
- Integrated Care: Provider referrer perceptions of occupational therapy services for homeless adults in an integrated primary care setting. - Published by PubMed
- Containing or shifting? Health expenditure decomposition for the aging Dutch population after a major reform. - Published by PubMed
- No effects of pilot performance-based intervention implementation and withdrawal on the coverage of maternal and child health services in the Koulikoro region, Mali: an interrupted time series analysis. - Published by PubMed
- The Montreal Cognitive Test Intervention: The Relationship Between Cognitive-Impaired Patients and Readmissions. - Published by PubMed
- Knowledge, attitude and antibiotic prescribing patterns of medical doctors providing free healthcare in the outpatient departments of public hospitals in Sierra Leone: a national cross-sectional study. - Published by PubMed