Procedure for Referrals and Admission in Hospitals
Procedures for deriving Specialist Services Referrals
Under CGHS Act, the beneficiary, whenever requiring or needing consultation services with a specialist medical/healthcare professional for expert opinion, will be referred to CGHS Polyclinics or hospitals based on the consultant’s availability for that particular speciality for eg. Pediatrician, Gynaecologist, Dermatologist, Cardiologist, Neurologist etc Due to certain reason if a consultant for the concerned speciality is not available in CGHS, the beneficiary of CGHS will be referred to the concerned OPD (Out-Patient Department) of a Government Hospital or Municipal General Hospital.
Government employees drawing a Basic Pay exceeding Rs. 12,000/- per month, can benefit from direct consultation with CGHS Medical Specialists and Consultants in Government or Municipal Hospital, but are not eligible for consultations in private recognized hospitals under CGHS Act.
Procedure for Admission in Recognized Hospitals
The procedures for admission in hospitals recognized under CGHS are enlisted below:
- Permission letter will be invariably issued prior to the admission of the patient in the hospital.
- Pre-requisite permission will be strictly given for a surgical procedure and not for general medical management or general consultations.
- Beneficiary will be required to furnish the following documents for getting an admission memo:
- Photocopy of valid CGHS card
- Request letter from CGHS beneficiary regarding the choice of hospital/diagnostic centre.
- Photocopy of the specialist’s professional advice or opinion in the concerned field from a Govt./Municipal/CGHS hospital or clinic.
- National Portal of India - (india.gov.in/citizen/health/cghs.php)
- CGHS - Kolkata - (cghskolkata.nic.in)
- CGHS - Mumbai - (http://cghsmumbai.gov.in/)