List of Emergency Conditions
The medical emergency conditions included under the purview of CGHS Act are enlisted below:
- Acute Coronary Syndromes viz. (Coronary Artery By-pass Graft or Percutaneous Trans-Luminal Coronary Angioplasty) including Myocardial Infarction, Unstable Angina, Ventricular Arrhythmias, Paroxysmal Supra- Ventricular Tachycardia, Cardiac Tamponade, Acute Left-Ventricular Failure, Severe Congestive Cardiac Failure, Accelerated Hypertension, Complete Heart Block and Stokes-Adams Attack, Acute Aortic dissection.
- Acute Limb Ischemia, Rupture of Aneurism, Medical and surgical shock and peripheral circulatory failure.
- Cerebro-Vascular Attack, Strokes, sudden Unconsciousness, Head Injury, Respiratory failure, De-compensated Lung Disease, Cerebro-Meningeal Infection, Convulsions, Acute Paralysis, Acute Visual Loss.
- Acute Abdomen
- RTA (Road Traffic Accident) with injuries including fall
- Acute Poisoning
- Acute Renal Failure
- Acute Abdomen in females including Acute Obstetrical and Gynecological Emergencies.
- Heat Stroke
O.P.D (Outdoor Patient Department) treatment and subsequent follow-up after hospitalization is not permitted in Private Hospitals and Diagnostic Centres recognized under CGHS. Exceptions for follow-up treatment are permissible in following conditions for a period of 3 to 6 months after conducting the surgical procedure, are as follows:
- Cardiac Surgery including Angioplasty
- Cancer Surgery, Radiotherapy and Chemotherapy
- Organ transplant viz. Kidney
- Knee replacement.
- RTA (Road Traffic Accident)
- National Portal of India - (india.gov.in/citizen/health/cghs.php)
- CGHS - Kolkata - (cghskolkata.nic.in)
- CGHS - Mumbai - (http://cghsmumbai.gov.in/)
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Sameer Sippy. (2016, March 03). Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS) - List of Emergency Conditions. Medindia. Retrieved on May 22, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/health-regulations/central-government-health-scheme-emergency-list.htm.
Dr. Sameer Sippy. "Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS) - List of Emergency Conditions". Medindia. May 22, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/health-regulations/central-government-health-scheme-emergency-list.htm>.
Dr. Sameer Sippy. "Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS) - List of Emergency Conditions". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/health-regulations/central-government-health-scheme-emergency-list.htm. (accessed May 22, 2022).
Dr. Sameer Sippy. 2021. Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS) - List of Emergency Conditions. Medindia, viewed May 22, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/health-regulations/central-government-health-scheme-emergency-list.htm.
Do you wish to consult an Epidemiologist for your problem? Ask your question
20 years experience
K.b.bhabha Hospital,Kurla-West,Mumbai-400070, Kalyan West