is a condition where success of treatment depends on how well you keep your blood sugar controlled. Good self-management
can help improve both short and long term health outcomes( 1✔✔Trusted Source
Qual Life Res. 2019 Sep 23. doi: 10.1007/s11136-019-02299-2.
Go to source
). Use Medindia's 'Blood Sugar Calculator' and its resources, if you have recently been diagnosed to have diabetes. It will help you with self-education and better management
of your health(2✔ ✔Trusted Source
BMC Health Serv Res. 2015 Dec 29;15:578. doi: 10.1186/s12913-015-1246-9
Go to source
). Over a period of time you will learn how to manage the condition yourself and will understand why your sugar level fluctuates
If you are worried about your risk of developing diabetes. Click here to know about your risks.
The Blood sugar chart provides descriptions of blood sugar values in terms of mg/dl depending on the test type – Fasting sugar, post-meal or post prandial and Glucose tolerance test (GTT)
for a normal person, in early diabetes and in established diabetes.
Important Facts About Blood Sugar
Alarming facts about Diabetes -
- The International Diabetic Federation estimates that 1 in 11 adults in the world have diabetes, and some 46.5% of adults with diabetes are undiagnosed
- The global burden of type-2 diabetes is set to increase to 438 million by 2030 from 285 million people (recorded in 2010)
- India is the diabetes capital of the world. The country has around 50 million people suffering from the type-2 diabetes
Read more Alarming facts about Diabetes- https://www.medindia.net/health_statistics/health_facts/diabetes-facts.htm
Click Here to Download "Diabetes Wallet Card"
- Qual Life Res. 2019 Sep 23. doi: 10.1007/s11136-019-02299-2. - (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/31549366)
- BMC Health Serv Res. 2015 Dec 29;15:578. doi: 10.1186/s12913-015-1246-9 - (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26715038)
- How Cells Obtain Energy from Food - Molecular Biology of the Cell. 4th edition. - (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK26882/)
- Insulin - Wikipedia - (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insulin)
- Diabetes, Heart Disease, and Stroke - (https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/diabetes/overview/preventing-problems/heart-disease-stroke)
- Diabetic Coma - (https://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes-complications/diabetic-coma.html)
Low GI food helps in managing diabetes and body weight. Check out our GI calculator to chalk out the most appropriate diet plan.
A continuous glucose monitor is an automated device to measure blood glucose levels seamlessly throughout the day and night to offer better diabetes management.
Gestational diabetes calculator checks post prandial and fasting blood sugar level to tell if you have pregnancy diabetes. Know about gestational diabetes diet and more using this calculator.
Almost one-third of the people are unaware of the risk factors of diabetes. Find out if you run the risk of diabetes by using Diabetes Risk Assessment calculator.
Neonatal hypoglycemia is defined as a blood sugar level of <30-45 mg/dL in a newborn. The hypoglycemia in newborns could result in developmental delay.
Gestational diabetes occurs in women during pregnancy when blood glucose levels increase in their body. It is diagnosed during the 24th week of pregnancy. Take this quiz to know more about its complications and how will your baby get affected if its ...
What is a blood sugar test? Blood sugar tests are used for diagnosis and management of diabetes. Common tests are HbA1C, fasting blood sugar, oral glucose tolerance and random blood sugar.
HbA1c calculator calculates average plasma and whole blood glucose levels. A1c test tells your average blood sugar level in the past 3 months and helps check whether your diabetes is in control.
Diabetes has replaced every other condition to become the fastest growing lifestyle disease, globally. This disease also impacts children. Some people are more inclined to develop diabetes than others. Do you belong to the high- risk group? Spend 5 ...
A comprehensive article on diabetes - both Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes, including : causes, signs, symptoms, diagnosis, treatment, facts and a glossary on diabetes.
Hi, am female 57yrs. I suffer from chronic colitis now 5yrs. I also have problem with gluten. Just 2 weeks ago, i have turned to being diabetic type 2. My main concern is diet... both the diseases dont agree with the foods option. Please advise.