AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome)
More than 40 million people worldwide, are infected with HIV/AIDS and more than 3.1 million AIDS-related deaths occurred worldwide each year. Women are more affected by the virus than men. The Incidence of AIDS is higher in South Africa and the World AIDS Day campaign (December 1st) is aimed to raise awareness about AIDS. AIDS is the clinical manifestations or disease symptoms occurring due to HIV infection. Immune compromised stage of the infected person manifests this end stage.
Latest Publications and Research on AIDS/HIV - Epidemiology
- 'Think Hep B' in primary care: A before-and-after evaluation of a self-guided learning package. - Published by PubMed
- Genetic characterization of VP1 of coxsackieviruses A2, A4, and A10 associated with hand, foot, and mouth disease in Vietnam in 2012-2017: endemic circulation and emergence of new HFMD-causing lineages. - Published by PubMed
- Community viral load and hepatitis C virus infection: Community viral load measures to aid public health treatment efforts and program evaluation. - Published by PubMed
- Falling Through the Cracks: Risk Factors for Becoming Lost to HIV Care After Incarceration in a Southern Jail. - Published by PubMed
- A systematic review and meta-analysis of first-line tuberculosis drug concentrations and treatment outcomes. - Published by PubMed
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Reeja Tharu. (2014, November 12). AIDS/HIV - Epidemiology Terminology Infections. Medindia. Retrieved on Jun 27, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/aids/epidemiology.htm.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. "AIDS/HIV - Epidemiology Terminology Infections". Medindia. Jun 27, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/aids/epidemiology.htm>.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. "AIDS/HIV - Epidemiology Terminology Infections". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/aids/epidemiology.htm. (accessed Jun 27, 2022).
Dr. Reeja Tharu. 2021. AIDS/HIV - Epidemiology Terminology Infections. Medindia, viewed Jun 27, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/aids/epidemiology.htm.
Do you wish to consult a General Medicine Doctor / Internal Medicine Doctor for your problem? Ask your question
2 years experience
6 years experience
5 years experience
5 years experience