References for Systemic Lupus Erythematosus

Author: Dr. Simi Paknikar

Editor: Suchitra Chari

Technically Checked by: lingaraj


ro554 Wednesday, June 27, 2018

My Sister is suffering from SLE. She is 12 years old and her kidney organ is also affected. How long should we take the treatment [doctor have informed that we have to give high dosage medicines initially]. How many years does it take to settle and is there a treatment available now? Is there a NGO to support financially for this disease?

John_123 Tuesday, February 25, 2014

My sister is recently detected with LUPUS SLE , her age is around 31 years .Doctor told us that it will be a long treatment . But all of us are wondering how long it will be . Please tell me is there any chance of complete cure or if it is controlled then can the person live a normal life ??? Also is there any NGO in India for any help.

Wendie Monday, September 10, 2012

hey Mark,my name is Wendy and I was diagnosed with SLE when I was 16 years old. But before that,I went through a lot of suffering...pain,not knowing what was wrong nd I understand ur situation nd how U feel.There isn't much U can do about the pain other than learn how to manage it but most important,have a positive attitude,accept that U have it nd talk to those close to U to let them know how U feel as a support system is essential.But remember U are not alone nd have faith.

mark76 Tuesday, May 22, 2012

my name is mark I am 14 years old I have been diagnoses with SLE I am always in pain but its like no one even cares its life and i have to deal with it just wanted to put that out there i am always stress how can i prevent that? anyone?

S.Karthik Saturday, July 28, 2012 try the medicine by this doctor. Karthik chennai

jyotshana.kumari Saturday, April 17, 2010

My name is Jyotshna. I am 23 years unmarried girl, suffering from S.L.E, Which was detected by S.G.P.G.I, Lucknow. I am taking Wysalone-5mg daily with H.C.Q.S. My growth is not proper.I feel pains and weakness in joints. Is there any permanent treatment for this disease? If possible, please advice me.

cots1 Thursday, March 3, 2011

Hi Jyotsna, You may be needing immunosupprasent as well.Which kind of SLE you have?Consult a nephrologist soon

Most Popular on Medindia