What are the Symptoms and Signs of Nephrotoxicity?
The Symptoms & signs of damage done to the kidney due to the drugs include:
- Shortness of breath
- Excessive fatigue
- Pain or pressure in chest
- Retention of fluid, causing swelling in legs, ankles and feet
- Decreased urine output
- Irregular heartbeat
- Drug-Induced Nephrotoxicity - (https://www.aafp.org/afp/2008/0915/p743.html)
- Drug-induced Kidney Diseases - (http://www.japi.org/october2003/R-970.pdf)
- Drug-Induced Nephrotoxicity and Its Biomarkers - (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3794522/)
- Drug-induced renal disorders - (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4594214/)
- Pharmacology behind Common Drug Nephrotoxicities - (https://cjasn.asnjournals.org/content/early/2018/04/04/CJN.00150118)
- Nephrotoxicity and Renal Pathophysiology: A Contemporary Perspective - (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29939355)
- Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention of Nephrotoxicity of Cancer Therapeutic Agents - (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK12686/)
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Jayashree Thakwani. (2019, January 12). Symptoms and Signs of Nephrotoxicity. Medindia. Retrieved on May 17, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patientinfo/symptoms-and-signs-of-nephrotoxicity.htm.
Jayashree Thakwani. "Symptoms and Signs of Nephrotoxicity". Medindia. May 17, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patientinfo/symptoms-and-signs-of-nephrotoxicity.htm>.
Jayashree Thakwani. "Symptoms and Signs of Nephrotoxicity". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patientinfo/symptoms-and-signs-of-nephrotoxicity.htm. (accessed May 17, 2022).
Jayashree Thakwani. 2021. Symptoms and Signs of Nephrotoxicity. Medindia, viewed May 17, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patientinfo/symptoms-and-signs-of-nephrotoxicity.htm.
Do you wish to consult a Nephrologist for your problem? Ask your question
1 year experience
Madras Medical Mission, moggapair
Madras medical mission, Annanagar