What are the Symptoms and Signs of Cubital Tunnel Syndrome?
Symptoms may vary from person to person, but the most common ones are the following:
- Numbness / Tingling / Pins-and-Needles Sensation: These occur in the ring and little finger and are the earliest symptoms and their intensity may fluctuate.
- Loss of Sensation: This occurs in the ring and little finger, especially during bending the elbow, making it difficult to move the fingers.
- Elbow Pain: This occurs due to stretching of the ulnar nerve during flexion.
- Hand Pain / Weakness: Weakening of the grip and loss of dexterity may occur, making it difficult to type or play a musical instrument.
- Hand / Thumb Clumsiness: This occurs due to muscle weakness.
- Muscle Wasting: Muscle wasting in the hand can occur due to severe or prolonged ulnar nerve compression and cannot be reversed.
- Clawing: This is a classic sign in which the last two fingers bend like a claw due to ulnar neuropathy.(4✔)
- What is Cubital Tunnel Syndrome? - (http://www.cumc.columbia.edu/rehab/staywell/document.php?id=34024)
- Ulnar Nerve Entrapment at the Elbow (Cubital Tunnel Syndrome) - (https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/diseases--conditions/ulnar-nerve-entrapment-at-the-elbow-cubital-tunnel-syndrome/)
- About Cubital Tunnel Syndrome - (https://handcare.assh.org/Anatomy/Details-Page/ArticleID/27955/Cubital-Tunnel-Syndrome)
- Know More About Cubital Tunnel Syndrome - (https://health.ucsd.edu/specialties/surgery/ortho/hand/Pages/cubital-tunnel.aspx)
- Radiopedia - Cubital Tunnel Syndrome - (https://radiopaedia.org/articles/cubital-tunnel-syndrome?lang=us)
- More Information on Cubital Tunnel Syndrome - (https://www.uofmhealth.org/conditions-treatments/cmc/hand-elbow-wrist/cubital-tunnel-syndrome)
- Cubital Tunnel Syndrome - An Overview - (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2599973/)
- What You Ought to Know About Cubital Tunnel Syndrome - (https://www.cedars-sinai.org/health-library/diseases-and-conditions/c/cubital-tunnel-syndrome.html)