Frequently Asked Questions

1. Which doctor prescribes anticoagulants?

Anticoagulants will usually be prescribed by the cardiologist or other specialist doctors treating the condition that requires anticoagulation.

2. Among the anticoagulants currently available, which can be taken orally?

Warfarin, dabigatran, rivaroxaban, edoxaban and apixaban can be taken orally.

Most Popular on Medindia