What is Nightfall?
Wet dreams are more common in boys when compared to girls. In many cultures, it signifies the onset of puberty in boys similar to menarche (beginning of monthly periods) in girls.
Following puberty, adolescent boys undergo hormonal changes with enlargement of the penis and a feeling of sexual desire. As a result, they tend to have sensual dreams with sexual content, and this can cause involuntary ejaculation during sleep.
Although, some men can be awakened by nightfall, others may sleep without realizing it and notice it only the next morning on their underclothes or bed sheets.
Contrary to existing myths, nightfall is not a sign of disease and it will not reduce the immunity or make a person weak. Nightfall will not shrink the male organ (penis) nor will it reduce the sperm count or result in infertility. Nightfall releases the stored semen and fresh semen will be formed in its place.
- Young Men's Health - (https://youngmenshealthsite.org/guides/wet-dreams/)
- Menstruation, Wet Dreams and Related Subjects - (https://www.gracepointwellness.org/poc/view_doc.php?type=doc&id=38415&cn=1276)
- Nocturnal emission - (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nocturnal_emission)
- Premature ejaculation - (https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/premature-ejaculation/symptoms-causes/syc-20354900)
Latest Publications and Research on Nightfall / Wet Dreams / Nocturnal Emissions
- [Treatment strategies of patients with transthyretin amyloidosis cardiomyopathy]. - Published by PubMed
- [Research progress on the relationship between circular RNA and cardiovascular diseases]. - Published by PubMed
- [Research progress on the association between intestinal flora and hypertension]. - Published by PubMed
- [Successful emergency hybrid treatment for aortic rupture in a pregnant patient with congenital aortic coarctation]. - Published by PubMed
- [A case of perforated esophageal ulcer after radiofrequency ablation of paroxysmal atrial fibrillation]. - Published by PubMed
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Lakshmi Venkataraman. (2021, July 28). Nightfall | Wet Dreams | Nocturnal Emissions. Medindia. Retrieved on May 26, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patientinfo/nightfall.htm.
Dr. Lakshmi Venkataraman. "Nightfall | Wet Dreams | Nocturnal Emissions". Medindia. May 26, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patientinfo/nightfall.htm>.
Dr. Lakshmi Venkataraman. "Nightfall | Wet Dreams | Nocturnal Emissions". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patientinfo/nightfall.htm. (accessed May 26, 2022).
Dr. Lakshmi Venkataraman. 2021. Nightfall | Wet Dreams | Nocturnal Emissions. Medindia, viewed May 26, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patientinfo/nightfall.htm.
Do you wish to consult an expert for your problem? Ask your question
30 years experience
Kaya Kalp International Sex And Health Clinics, Dadar West
+ 1 more
37 years experience
Abhisarika Counseling Center, Motinagar