Last Updated on Apr 16, 2019

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Which doctor should I consult for gingival hypertrophy?

You can consult your dentist for gingival hypertrophy.

2. What is drug induced gingival hyperplasia?

Drug-induced gingival hyperplasia is the overgrowth of gums due to side effects associated with intake of medications.

3. Can you grow your gums back?

Plaque control and routine oral hygiene will help in preventing further deterioration of gums but gums will not grow back.

4. Is gingival hyperplasia contagious?

No, the condition of gingival hyperplasia is not contagious. You cannot contract it from another person and also cannot infect others.

Most Popular on Medindia