Last Updated on Aug 20, 2020

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Which doctor should I consult for Generalized Anxiety Disorder?

You should consult a Psychiatrist or Psychologist in case of Generalized Anxiety Disorder.

2. Are there any physical symptoms of GAD?

Yes, anxiety disorders can cause a number of physical symptoms including weakness, dizziness, palpitations and shortness of breath depending upon the severity of condition.

3. Will a person with GAD suffer from it always?

GAD is a chronic condition and many people diagnosed with it feel anxious or experience excessive worries most of their life. But treatments and preventive measures can help overcome it.

4. Does GAD run in families?

Yes, having a family history GAD increases ones risk for developing it.

5. Should anxiety medications be consumed in case of pregnancy?

Any treatment plan may have risks for pregnant women, which can be of particular concern. So, you should consult your doctor before beginning any treatment plan.

Most Popular on Medindia