Last Updated on Aug 18, 2017

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Which doctor should I consult for exotropia?

You should consult an ophthalmologist (eye doctor) who has specialized in squint.

2. Can you correct a wandering eye?

Yes, by using appropriate treatment approaches early enough.

3. What age is best for exotropia surgery?

Exotropia is best corrected between the ages of 4 and 7 years. children younger than 4 years may need to be corrected if there is a constant exotropia threatening binocular vision.

4. When does surgery for exotropia become necessary?

Though the criteria may vary, typically, surgery is indicated when the exotropia occurs often, if the patient is experiencing significant troubling symptoms (eyestrain, double vision, squinting), or if the patient is losing "binocular vision". Surgery may not be offered if the exotropia is reasonably controlled with glasses or other non-surgical methods

5. Do I have to keep anything special in mind when I take my child to the eye doctor for evaluation of squint?

Yes. If you have earlier photographs of your child, take them along with you when you visit the doctor. Photographs often reveal information which you might not have noticed.

Do you wish to consult Ophthalmologist for your problem? Ask your question

Most Popular on Medindia