Frequently Asked Questions

1. Which doctor should I consult for EoE?

You should consult a gastroenterologist, who may refer you to an allergist for immunological testing in order to confirm the diagnosis.

2. Can EoE occur due to pollen allergy or food allergy?

EoE can result from both pollen and food allergy.

3. Who are more susceptible to EoE?

Males, Caucasians, people predisposed to allergy and those having a family history of EoE.

4. Can EoE cause death?

No. but if food gets stuck in the esophagus (impaction), emergency medical attention is required.

5. Is EoE a rare condition?

Yes, but its incidence is increasing in recent decades.

Most Popular on Medindia