Frequently Asked Questions

1. Which doctor should I consult if my child has ectopic cordis?

A perinatologist [maternal-fetal medicine specialist] should be consulted. Later on a pediatric cardiac surgeon can be consulted if surgery is an option.

2. Can surgery for ectopia cordis be done while baby is still in the uterus?

There are no such surgical procedures at present.

3. Will my second baby also have ectopia cordis if my first child suffered from it?

No. There are no reports of ectopia cordis in a sibling.

Most Popular on Medindia