Frequently Asked Questions1. Whom should you consult if you suspect that the child has dyspraxia?
You could consult a clinical psychologist, an educational psychologist, a neurologist or a pediatrician.
2. Can dyspraxia be inherited?
Yes, dyspraxia can be genetically inherited.
3. What are the other conditions that can co-exist with dyspraxia?
Children with dyspraxia are commonly found to have other attention and learning issues such as:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD): ADHD affected children find it difficult to keep still, concentrate and to control their impulses.
- Dysgraphia: The child has trouble with writing. The child has difficulty in processing the sensory information through the eyes and ears and transferring that information into letters and words.
- Dyslexia: It is a learning disability where kids have difficult in reading accurately and fluently.
- Dyscalculia: Kids struggle with mathematics, the child may find it difficult to remember the basic math facts, doing calculations and estimating quantities and times.
4. Is dyspraxia a learning disability?
Dyspraxia is not considered as a specific learning disability, though it can impact learning.
5. Are there any alternative treatments for dyspraxia?
Inhibiting primitive reflexes, Samonas Sound therapy, nutritional supplementation with minerals and essential fatty acids, neurofeedback, yoga, relaxation therapy, attending assertiveness and self-development classes, going to a gym or swimming, bowling or playing any sport like badminton have been shown to help dyspraxic patients.
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Sunita Sayammagaru. (2017, September 22). Dyspraxia - Frequently Asked Questions. Medindia. Retrieved on May 24, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patientinfo/dyspraxia-faqs.htm.
Dr. Sunita Sayammagaru. "Dyspraxia - Frequently Asked Questions". Medindia. May 24, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patientinfo/dyspraxia-faqs.htm>.
Dr. Sunita Sayammagaru. "Dyspraxia - Frequently Asked Questions". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patientinfo/dyspraxia-faqs.htm. (accessed May 24, 2022).
Dr. Sunita Sayammagaru. 2021. Dyspraxia - Frequently Asked Questions. Medindia, viewed May 24, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patientinfo/dyspraxia-faqs.htm.
Do you wish to consult a General Medicine Doctor / Internal Medicine Doctor for your problem? Ask your question
12 years experience
Manohar Hospital , Shahjhanpur alwar rajasthan
20 years experience
Telemedicine, Jp nagar