Last Updated on May 14, 2018

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Which doctor should I consult for dengue?

You should first consult a doctor specializing in General Medicine, who will put you in touch with a Tropical Medicine specialist, if you display any complications that require hospitalization.

2. How can I know that Iím suffering from dengue?

If you have fever, rash, headache and severe joint pain, accompanied by pin-point haemorrhages, you are most probably suffering from dengue, but this needs to be confirmed by a lab test.

3. Is dengue a serious disease?

Dengue can be very serious and even life-threatening in case of complications like dengue hemorrhagic fever and dengue shock syndrome.

4. Who can be affected by dengue?

Anyone can be affected by dengue, but infants and children are especially susceptible.

5. What is the cause of dengue and how is it spread?

Dengue is caused by the dengue virus and is spread by the bite of infected Aedes aegypti mosquitoes.

Most Popular on Medindia