What is Computer Vision Syndrome?
Computer vision syndrome (CVS) or digital eyestrain refers to a group of eye problems found in many people who sit in front of computers for long hours at a stretch. Computer vision syndrome is a common condition that can cause your eyes to feel strained and irritated. Sometimes you may experience blurred vision, light sensitivity, headaches or stiffness and pain in the neck and lower back.
Nowadays, computers are indispensable both at workplace and home. Most of us have jobs that require us to stare at computer screens for many hours at a time. The use of computers has increased our work speed and efficiency levels making our lives a lot easier. However nonstop usage of computers stresses your near vision and your eye muscles get tired from staring at the computer screen for long periods of time. The human eyes are designed for long distance vision and CVS was uncommon before the advent of computers and other digital media such as tablet, laptop, e reader and phone.
A US government census in 2013 showed nearly seventy percent of computer users suffered from eye strain. CVS statistics show that adults spend an average of nine hours per day looking at digital media whereas children spend approximately seven hours a day viewing television, computer and playing computer games.
- American Optometric Association- Computer Vision Syndrome - (https://www.aoa.org/patients-and-public/caring-for-your-vision/protecting-your-vision/computer-vision-syndrome)
- Understanding and Preventing Computer Vision Syndrome KY Loh and SC Redd - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4170366/)
- A clinical study on “Computer vision syndrome” and its management with Triphala eye drops and Saptamrita Lauha - (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3215371/)
- Sankaranetralaya- Computer Vision Syndrome - (https://www.sankaranethralaya.org/patient-care-cvc.html)
- Computer Vision Syndrome- Diagnosis, treatment, cure and prevention - (https://www.shroffeye.org/patient-information/healthcare-articles/computer-vision-syndrome/)
Latest Publications and Research on Computer Vision Syndrome
- [Treatment strategies of patients with transthyretin amyloidosis cardiomyopathy]. - Published by PubMed
- [Research progress on the relationship between circular RNA and cardiovascular diseases]. - Published by PubMed
- [Research progress on the association between intestinal flora and hypertension]. - Published by PubMed
- [Successful emergency hybrid treatment for aortic rupture in a pregnant patient with congenital aortic coarctation]. - Published by PubMed
- [A case of perforated esophageal ulcer after radiofrequency ablation of paroxysmal atrial fibrillation]. - Published by PubMed