Last Updated on Aug 02, 2017

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Which doctor should I consult for coloboma?

You should consult and eye doctor (ophthalmologist).

2. How can I prevent coloboma in my baby?

Coloboma caused due to an inheritable genetic defect cannot be prevented. But environmental factors can definitely be controlled. Avoidance of exposure to alcohol and Vitamin A supplementation during pregnancy can help reduce the chances of coloboma.

Most Popular on Medindia