Last Updated on Apr 04, 2019

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Which doctor should I consult for cholesteatoma?

An ENT surgeon should be consulted for cholesteatoma.

2. Is a cholesteatoma serious?

In the initial stages the cholesteatoma usually does not pose any serious threat. But as the cholesteatoma grows larger it may cause serious complications such as damage to the eardrum and bones inside the middle ear and facial paralysis.

3. Is a cholesteatoma painful?

Cholesteatoma usually does not cause pain. But the associated infection may result in pain, redness and swelling behind the ear.

Most Popular on Medindia