Last Updated on Feb 13, 2017

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Which doctor should I consult for Childhood Nephrotic Syndrome?

A Nephrologist or a Pediatrician should be consulted for Childhood Nephrotic Syndrome.

2. How will I know if my child has nephrotic syndrome?

You may come to know that your child has nephrotic syndrome until you take your child for routine blood and urine tests. The results of the tests can show if the child has too much protein in urine and not enough protein in the blood.

3. What should I know about the steroid treatment?

When taking steroid treatment you should take care of your child properly. If the child becomes ill, immediately visit doctor. Your child will require a course of high dose steroids with each relapse. Consult the doctor regarding any changes in dosage. Steroids dosing has to be managed very carefully.

4. What do I have to do at home?

You need to test your child’s first urine for protein every morning as long as edema persists and then less frequently. Also, record weight and temperature daily.

Most Popular on Medindia