Last Updated on Aug 07, 2018

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Which doctor should I consult for Castleman disease?

You should consult a surgeon initially, who may refer you to a medical oncologist (a cancer specialist), and a radiation oncologist (a doctor who treats diseases with radiation) depending on the nature and extent of disease.

2. Is Castleman disease fatal?

The Unicentric type can be cured by surgically removing the diseased lymph node. but the multicentric subtype, MCD, could be fatal as it is widespread and causes more serious complications.

3. What is life expectancy for Castleman disease?

Life expectancy is usually unchanged in UCD and the average length of survival after diagnosis is greater than ten years. However the life expectancy in MCD is usually poor especially if HIV is present and is usually less than three years.

Most Popular on Medindia