Last Updated on Mar 20, 2017

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Which doctor should I consult for Cardiogenic Shock?

You must consult a Cardiologist for Cardiogenic Shock. In an emergency situation you should rush to the Emergency Department.

2. How can you differentiate cardiogenic shock from other kinds of shock?

Cardiogenic shock is a state of hypoperfusion, however, it is unresponsive to fluid therapy unlike other shocks. This forms the most important distinguishing feature from other kinds of shock.

3. My father recently had an attack of Myocardial infarction. Will he develop Cardiogenic Shock?

It depends, not everyone who has had a heart attack develops cardiogenic shock. It has been found in a study, on an average, only seven percent of people who have had heart attacks develop the cardiogenic shock.

Most Popular on Medindia