Last Updated on Oct 18, 2016

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Which doctor treats calcinosis?

Calcinosis cutis may be treated by a skin specialist or dermatologist. Another specialist is consulted depending on the underlying cause.

2. Is calcinosis cutis a type of cancer?

No, calcinosis is not a cancer but may be definitely present in some types of cancers.

3. What causes calcium deposits in the skin of the face?

As the face has more loose soft tissue than other parts of the body,, excess calcium tends to deposit in the face. Other reasons can also be trauma, tissue damage and connective tissue disorders affecting the face.

Most Popular on Medindia