Frequently Asked Questions

1. Which doctor should I consult for bleeding diathesis?

You should consult a hematologist or immunologist for bleeding diathesis.

2. Is it possible to prevent bleeding diathesis?

Yes, by applying certain treatment methods like blood transfusion and plasma exchange therapy it is possible to prevent bleeding diathesis.

3. Are all clotting problems inherited?

No, all clotting disorders are not inherited. Clotting disorders can also be acquired,for example they can occur from certain medical conditions like diabetes, high blood pressure, pancreatitis, and inflammatory bowel disease.

Most Popular on Medindia