Frequently Asked Questions

1. Which doctor should I consult for Assisted Reproductive Technology?

You must consult an Obstetrician and Gynecologist having a super specialization in infertility care.

2. What is gestational surrogacy?

A woman without a functional uterus due to any developmental disease or due to surgical removal of uterus can have her genetic offspring with the help of ART. Embryos are transferred to the uterus of another willing woman who agrees to carry the pregnancy on behalf of the infertile couple.

3. Are there any legal issues involved with using donor eggs, sperm or embryos or a gestational carrier?

Yes, there are. You must understand the legal rights of the person who has donated any gamete or embryo as well as find out the procedure to become legal parents of an implanted embryo.

Most Popular on Medindia