Last Updated on Dec 09, 2019

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Which doctors can I go to for the treatment of anal cancer?

A general surgeon/ colorectal surgeon/ gastroenterologist or a surgical oncologist may treat anal cancer.

2. I experience some of the above symptoms? Does it mean I have anal cancer?

Some other diseases such as piles and anal fistula may also cause the above symptoms. Contact your doctor at the earliest to diagnose the condition.

3. Will I need to visit the doctor regularly after my treatment is completed?

Yes, regular visits to the doctor are necessary to make sure the cancer does not come back.

4. If my cancer recurs, what treatment should I follow?

If the cancer recurs, the doctor usually follows a treatment different from the first. For example, if you were initially treated with chemotherapy and radiation, the doctor may consider surgery and vice versa.

Most Popular on Medindia