Last Updated on Aug 09, 2018

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Which doctor should I consult for allodynia?

You can consult a general practitioner or your family doctor for allodynia.

2.What is the difference between hyperalgesia and allodynia?

Allodynia is pain due to a stimulus that does not normally provoke pain and hyperalgesia is increased pain from a stimulus which is normally painful.

3. What does allodynia feel like?

Symptoms can vary from mild to severe burning sensation, an ache or squeezing type of pain.

4. What is the cause of hypersensitive skin?

Hypersensitive skin is caused by immune system reactions that involve the skin.

5. Does allodynia go away?

No. It can only be controlled with medication and changes in ones way of living.

Most Popular on Medindia