It was a gory sight when police found a naked 41-year-old man at about 1am on the grounds of a Michigan school, covered with blood and screaming his head off after he had torn parts of his penis.
This man from Ohio had consumed magic mushrooms and was in a highly excitable state.
When police officers found him, he was bleeding heavily waist down and his penis was partially detached. The man was speaking incoherently.
The man could not exactly recollect what had occurred but he said that he had consumed some magic hallucinogenic mushrooms during the day. He had apparently lost consciousness and had begun clawing at his scrotum.
The 41-year-old was near death as he had bled profusely and was in a state of shock. His vital signs were pretty low due to the shock and trauma to the body. The man is currently undergoing treatment at a local hospital and his condition is said to be stable.
The culprit is a naturally occurring chemical in certain varieties of fresh or dried mushrooms. When consumed, this can cause certain severe side effects such as confusion, panic, psychosis and convulsions.