About Careers Internship MedBlog Contact us
Medindia LOGIN REGISTER
Advertisement

Tuberculosis Screening To Be Spruced Up At Ports of Entry

by Medindia Content Team on April 22, 2006 at 6:07 PM
Font : A-A+

Tuberculosis Screening To Be Spruced Up At Ports of Entry

The Health Protection Agency has raised doubts about the TB X-Ray screening arangements at the points of entry- Airport and Ports. How effective is the screening for Tuberculosis infections at the Airport for people entering England, especially from countries that are reeling under the TB onslaught ?

According to offcial reports by the HPA, only about 27% of the total number of people entering United Kingdom are screened. This is indeed alarming as the remaining 73% go undetected.

Advertisement

The HPA has put forth some recommendations to enable consistent health service at all ports and airports. Heathrow and Gatwick Airports had very good facilities, but there are also other points of entry, which did not. HPA has assumed responsibility of supervising the arrangements for people arriving at international terminals.

Chief executive Professor Pat Troop said: "This is an important area of public health activity and the review lays the foundation for developing a comprehensive national approach to quality and standards for the service in a way that was not possible before."

Advertisement

Advertisement
News A-Z
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
What's New on Medindia
Alarming Cesarean Section Trends in India - Convenience or Compulsion of Corporate Healthcare
Quiz on Low-Calorie Diet for Diabetes
World Heart Day in 2022- Use Heart for Every Heart
View all
Recommended Reading
News Archive
Date
Category
Advertisement
News Category

Medindia Newsletters Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.

More News on:
Tuberculosis Tracheostomy Bubbles and Brews - Alcohol Facts Pleural Effusion Silicosis Screening Tests for Tuberculosis Fever Cough Symptom Evaluation Diet in Tuberculosis Stomach Tuberculosis 

Most Popular on Medindia

Sinopril (2mg) (Lacidipine) Sanatogen Find a Doctor Drug Interaction Checker Turmeric Powder - Health Benefits, Uses & Side Effects Iron Intake Calculator How to Reduce School Bag Weight - Simple Tips Noscaphene (Noscapine) Selfie Addiction Calculator Accident and Trauma Care
This site uses cookies to deliver our services. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Cookie Policy, Privacy Policy, and our Terms of Use
×

Tuberculosis Screening To Be Spruced Up At Ports of Entry Personalised Printable Document (PDF)

Please complete this form and we'll send you a personalised information that is requested

You may use this for your own reference or forward it to your friends.

Please use the information prudently. If you are not a medical doctor please remember to consult your healthcare provider as this information is not a substitute for professional advice.

Name *

Email Address *

Country *

Areas of Interests