About Careers Internship MedBlogs Contact us
Medindia LOGIN REGISTER
Advertisement

High Court Stays Operation of Government Order on Govt Quota

by Medindia Content Team on July 27, 2006 at 12:54 AM
Font : A-A+

High Court Stays Operation of Government Order on Govt Quota

The Lucknow bench of Allahabad High Court today stayed operation of the Government Order (GO) providing for fixing 65 per cent seats in unaided private medical and dental colleges in the state to be filled under government quota.

A division bench comprising Justice Pradeep Kant and Justice Rajeev Sharma granted the interim stay on the GO on two petitions filed by Association of Private Dental Colleges of Uttar Pradesh and a private medical callege.

Advertisement

The petitions had challenged the GO dated July 11 last which said the private medical and dental colleges could fill 35 per cent seats under the management quota while the remaining 65 per cent would be filled under the government quota.

The counsels for the petitioners pleaded that fixing government quota in the private unaided medical and dental colleges was 'illegal'.

The court has also stayed the list of candidates sent for admission to these colleges after counselling of the CPMT, 2006 examinations under the government quota.

Source:PTI News
Advertisement

Advertisement
News A-Z
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
What's New on Medindia
World Hypertension Day 2022 - Measure Blood Pressure Accurately, Control It, Live Longer!
Drinking This Popular Beverage May Drop Dementia Risk
Worst Mistakes Parents Make When Talking to Kids
View all
News Archive
Date
Category
News Category

Medindia Newsletters Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Most Popular on Medindia

Drug - Food Interactions Blood Donation - Recipients Noscaphene (Noscapine) Sanatogen Accident and Trauma Care How to Reduce School Bag Weight - Simple Tips Selfie Addiction Calculator Sinopril (2mg) (Lacidipine) Diaphragmatic Hernia Hearing Loss Calculator

Disclaimer - All information and content on this site are for information and educational purposes only. The information should not be used for either diagnosis or treatment or both for any health related problem or disease. Always seek the advice of a qualified physician for medical diagnosis and treatment. Full Disclaimer

© All Rights Reserved 1997 - 2022

This site uses cookies to deliver our services. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Cookie Policy, Privacy Policy, and our Terms of Use
open close
CONSULT A DOCTOR