The Daily Star put together 14 tales, seven true and seven false, in a "spot the truth" sort of quiz, which is as follows:
1. Fat Cat: The world's heaviest cat is Snowball, an 87lb puss found near a Canadian nuclear lab.
2. Giant Spiders: This camel spider from Iraq caused terror - until it was discovered that it only feeds on crickets and woodlice!
3. Natural Blondes Will Die Out: The World Health Organization says they will all be gone in 200 years.
4. Hippo Ate Dwarf: Circus dwarf Od bounced off a trampoline and into the open mouth of a nearby hungry hippo.
5. Cat Poop Coffee: Kopi Luwak is a 50-pound-a-cup delicacy, made from the droppings of civet cats fed on coffee beans.
6. Hitler Baby Photo: A picture which first appeared in 1933 shows the future Nazi leader as a menacing-looking baby.
7. The 1,550-pound Sprout: Leigh Knight from Stockton-On-Tees made 1,550-pound for charity after he put a leftover Christmas sprout on eBay.
8. Eyeball Jewelery: Dutch experts have developed surgery to fit jewelery into your peepers.
9. Foot Powder As Mayor: In 1967 the people of Picoaza in Ecuador elected a brand of foot powder as their mayor.
10. Rats Milk Cheese: Fine rat cheeses are becoming ever more popular in France.
11. Lava Lamp Death: Philip Quinn was killed by a shard of glass when his lava lamp exploded after he heated it on the stove.
12. Gay Show: TV channel Fox screened Seriously, Dude I'm Gay, with contestants convincing a panel they were homosexual. It was axed after a flood of complaints.
13. Buy Supermodel Eggs: Website ronsangels.com offered infertile couples eggs which had been donated by supermodels.
14. Tree That Grows Meat: A bioengineering company has developed a tree that grows meat inside grapefruit.
3. False: "Expert" in German mag didn't exist
4. False: No evidence it happened
6. False: A snap of a grumpy US lad was altered
10. False: Made up by hoax website the Federation of Rodent Cheesemakers
13. False: It was a publicity stunt by a porn site
14 False: Made up by spoof paper.