A 17-year old boy died due to rare complications caused by a root canal surgery just over a week after undergoing in the procedure.
Blue Island resident, Christopher Schutzius lost a filling after biting on a caramel and went to Dental Dreams on Western Avenue on February 1 to set it right. However soon after the procedure, he complained of constant tiredness and pain in his throat before finally collapsing on Tuesday.
He was rushed to the hospital and in spite of being placed on life support, he was pronounced dead the next morning. Both the family and the dental clinic are shocked by the result of the root canal with Dental Dreams stating that it will be conducting an investigation into the incident.